Apr 20, 2010

POTD April 20th.


This shot is from April and Craig's Engagement shoot at Kathryn Albertson's Park last week.
I love shooting in this park because there are so many different spots to shoot that I find new little nooks and crannys every time I shoot there. I try to get a few unique shots for every couple.

This is one of my classic bridge shots. This one really shows their personality together, Craig is having lots of fun and doesn't April look hot in this. She has the most amazing hair.

For the light in this I was using old faithful the 42" softbox with sb800 flash on a stand.
I shot it with the d700 and 70-200 2.8 lens at f4. With that lens I try to get as far back as I can..the longer the distance the more the background blurs....as it did very nicely in this shot.

I always choose the background first before I do anything else, then I place the couple into the shot and either pose them or let them pose naturally with no direction. Some couples are great at posing on their own, some are not. April and Craig did pretty well on their own for the most part.

I love the color in this shot and the way everything came together nicely for a classic posed engagement photo.  Very nice job Craig and April!

No comments:

Post a Comment