Apr 25, 2010

POTD April 25th, 2010



This photo is from Alex and Sharon's engagement shoot last fall. I chose this setting because of the amazing background. The fall color is in full display and the bit of pond on the left adds a nice touch.

I shot this with the d700 and 70-200 2.8 lens. Lighting was with the sb800 on a stand with the 42" softbox from above left.
I got back quite a ways and shot this as about 180mm at f4 to get a very nice blur on the background so they would be isolated in the frame. I was sitting down low so I would be at about eye level with them.

Now Alex and Sharon were a very fun couple and their preferrence was to be smiling and laughing...I actually prefer shots like this, so they accomodated me and hit me with a couple small grins.

I love this pose, it is one of my favorites and I use it a lot, couples just seem to fit together nicely in this pose and it makes them feel comfortable.

In processing I boosted saturation and contrast just a smidge. Mainly I made sure the levels were just right with a good white and more importantly the black point....a correctly set black point with a good exposure and contrast is what provide the dark rich color.

Very nice Alex and Sharon, one of my favorite engagement pictures of all time, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment