Apr 28, 2010

POTD April 28, 2010


This is from Kathry's Bridal Shoot at Kathryn Albersons Park in Boise.
As you can see we hit peak fall color, my favorite time of year to shoot in the park for obvious reasons.

Used my normal process, found a beautiful spot and then put Kathryn into the scene. This tree has amazing red color every fall, the trunk and overhead branch create a nice frame with just a bit of the pond showing on the left in the back.

We photographed Kathryn's wedding at a golf course and that was all she had contracted for.
While shooting her I could see  she had great potential as a model.....so I asked her if I could get her out for a bridal shoot in October. She thought that was a great idea and the gallery we made that is on my website is one of my all time favorites.
Link: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Bridal-galleries/Kathy/10002064_Pnget#726204291_gWCxh

Kathryn is one of those people that is such an amazing person to be around, a one of a kind, so any chance I ever get to shoot her again I will jump on.
Kathryn turned out to be a natural and she is such a great looking lady. I will post another one of her tomorrow.

This is taken with the 70-200 2.8 at F4, using the d700 with a flash on a stand with a softbox from the left.
The flash was set very low so is not adding much, the light in this is mostly ambient from the right.

I shot this again from fairly far away at about 150mm or so I like the perspective of the long lens and it really helps to isolate the subject. I set the exposure as bright as possible without blowing the dress and told her to throw some hip and this is what we got.

Great shot Kathryn!

No comments:

Post a Comment