Apr 29, 2010

POTD April, 29, 2010


Here is a beautiful portrait of Kathryn from her bridal portrait shoot at Kathryn Albertsons Park in Boise.
I chose the background because of the nice even tones and placed her about 40 yards from it so it would blur into a wall of color. The very late evening sun is shining from behind her giving her a nice backlight halo in her hair.

I lit her from the front with my normal lighting setup sb800 with 42" softbox. Again using the Nikon CLS on camera flash commander mode system. Flash was on ttl at +1.
This setting makes it difficult to tell if flash was even used but still creates some nice shadow on her face and helps to magnify her isolation from the background.
Shot with the d700 and the 70-200 2.8 lens at f4 at about 150mm. The large f-stop and long distance lens really add to the background blur and subject isolation.

Kathryn is such a beautiful lady and her personality is really coming through in this photo.
I had already photographed her wedding a couple months previously so she was very comfortable with me and we were having a great time at the shoot which really allows the natural personality to come through in the photos.
Here is a link to Kathryn's full gallery:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Bridal-galleries/Kathy/10002064_Pnget#726204291_gWCxh

When photographing her wedding I felt she had some great modeling potential so I asked her if she would like to d a fall color bridal shoot. She said sure but moved to the east coast right after she got married.
Lucky for me she travelled back to visit her Mother in October and we stole a perfect fall evening to get this photo shoot in. I am so glad she did, I love the photos we produced in this shoot.

Great job Kathryn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment