May 12, 2010

POTD May 11, 2010



This photos is from Kathryn's bridal portraits shoot. This is in October at Kathryn Albertsons Park at peak fall color.

I love this litte rocky shoreline, there is just enough room for a bride and groom on this flat grass covered rock she is standing on. If I get the composition just right I can get her full reflection and also some flowers at the bottom. For this one I was using my 70-200 so did not have a wide enough lens to get the flowers at the bottom, but the rest of it came together nicely. Kathryn is a  natural poser so I just left her to pose on her own.
Here is a link to Kathryn's gallery on my site: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Bridal-galleries/Kathy/10002064_Pnget#726204291_gWCxh

This is taken with the d700 and 70-200  at F4.  The 42" softbox with sb800 is a few feet to the left in this photo. I lit her up to be the brightest part of the photo and reduced the overall exposure of the setting just a bit, this accentuates the colors and highlights her more.
In processing I added a bit of blue tint to really bring out the colos and the blues in the water reflections.

Beautiful shot Kathryn, nice job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment