Jun 30, 2011

Katie Ponozzo dance portraits by the Boise River Greenbelt, by Mike Reid-All Outdoor Photography.

Great dance portrait shoot by the Boise River and Greenbelt with Katie Ponozzo, a beautiful Boise contemporary dancer. A bit late in the day but there were just enough thin clouds to take the edge off the sunlight. Most of the shots are on an old bridge over the Boise river.

Katie is so easy to shoot, I pick the background and the light and I put Katie in position then I shoot whatever she does. She obviously doesn't need any coaching from me :).

Used the Nikon D700 with the 24-70 and the Nikon D3 with the 70-200.
Used an SB800 with a 42" softbox for the D700 shots.

The D3 shots are all natural light, they are easy to spot as they are the ones with the major telephoto bokeh effect. I love to shoot portraits at, or as close as I can get to 200mm.

Katie and I have shot together a few times now and there are a few in this bunch that are some of my favorite shots we have created in our collaboration.

Thanks again Katie, great stuff!

Her entire gallery is here: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Other/Katie-River-Dance/17799490_rxjnQW#1360407898_LtZ7S6K








No comments:

Post a Comment