Oct 31, 2011

Katy's outdoor senior portraits at Freak Alley, Boise. Photos by Mike Reid, All Outdoor Photography.

I was a little resistant to shooting outdoor portraits downtown when fall color was at it's peak in the local parks....but you know what....I could have shot Katy anywhere and it would have worked. She is an obviously very pretty girl with a great combination of red hair and blue eyes.

Katy showed up for the shoot excited and shy.  We chatted a bit on our walk over to Freak Alley and she started to relax. We kind of eased into the photography and after about 15 minutes she gained her confidence and became a posing master.
After that I just had to put her in position and start clicking as she did her thing.
I love it when it is that easy, then I can concentrate on finding good spots in the good light.

These are all shot with natural light...seems I am doing more and more natural light shoots. I really like to shoot that way except when I am in a predominately green park area.
It was very sunny when we started so I changed my plan which had been to start shooting at City Hall and did the shoot backwards and started in the alley, so we were in good light the entire shoot.

Shot with the D3 and the 85 1.4 and the D700 with the 70-200. All in downtown Boise. We started at Freak Alley and ended up down by City Hall.

Katy's entire gallery is here: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/BoiseSeniorPictures/freakalleyportaits/19799536_TpTQgc#1556058836_MNcnbJn










No comments:

Post a Comment