Nov 7, 2011

Sammi's outdoor fall color portraits at Kathryn Albertson Park in Boise. By Mike Reid, All Outdoor Photography.

Fall color, my favorite time of year for outdoor portraits.
When  a girl can let it go and be silly and fun and knows how to pose...portrait photography becomes so easy. Just find good spots put her in the frame and shoot away....enter Sammi.
I said "you can do whatever you want", she perked up and said "really" and that was all it took.

The park was SO crowded with "photographers."  We had to kind of take the unbeaten path so a few different looks....I know I have never shot anyone else up in that tree for instance....and of course the deer walking behind her across the path as we were shooting...well I would like to say I planned that but.

Her gallery is a real mix of flash and natural light. I had all the equipment out for this one. I wasn't able to hit all the normal spots because of the crowds of people and a lot of the less ideal spots are back in the tree cover, so lights helped out a lot. Then we ran late so a few very flashed shots at the end of the shoot were fun.

D3 with the 85 1.4 and the D700 with the 70-200 2.8. Had the light stand with sb800 along with the shoot through umbrella softbox along for the flash work.

So have a look at the entire gallery if you have a minute...some really unique shots in this one:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/BoiseSeniorPictures/Sammi/19882764_3hBJxD#1564462590_Zn5bvZD









No comments:

Post a Comment